GST Registration Online Apply Process 2022: Today we will talk about the GST Registration Online Process Step by Step. The Government of India has now made the GST Registration Process Online. By reading this post, you will get all the important information related to Ward/Circle/Sector no For GST Registration, so stay connected till the end of this post. With this, you will also get information about how to do GST Registration Online in India, etc.
- 1 Information About Online GST Registration
- 1.1 What is GST
- 1.2 Why is it Necessary to Register For GST
- 1.3 Know How You Will Get GST Number
- 1.4 Types of GST
- 1.5 What are the Rules of GST Registration
- 1.6 Benefits of GST Registration
- 1.7 Documents Required For GST Number Registration
- 1.8 Importent Link
- 1.9 GST Registration Time Limit
- 1.10 Penalty For Not Doing GST Registration
- 1.11 Know Which Taxes Were Removed Due to GST
- 1.12 GST Registration Online Full Video
- 1.13 How to Do GST Registration
- 1.14 How To Apply For GST Registration Online
- 1.15 How To Check GST Registration Online Status
- 1.16 How To Download GST Registration Certificate online
Information About Online GST Registration
GST Registration Online Process Step by Step: Hello friends, today we will talk to you about GST Registration Online India. GST Full Form Goods And Services Tax. GST tax is levied when we buy a product. If you understand directly, then GST is an indirect tax imposed on us. GST was implemented in the year 2017.
Before 2017, there were many types of taxes like Sales Tax, Excise Tax, Service Tax, which you had to pay separately, but since GST has been implemented in India, now all types of taxes have been included in GST. . In this post, we will give information about the process of applying GST registration online and GST registration online, so read the post till the end.
What is GST
How to do GST Registration: GST (Goods and Services Tax) is levied on goods and services. Through this, you can deposit all the tax through GST in just one go instead of making separate payments. The best thing about GST, which is levied on the sale and sale of almost all goods and services across the country, is that the rate of GST will be the same across the country. That is, the GST paying consumer present in any corner of the country will have to pay an equal tax on that item.
You need to register for GST online payment. For GST Registration, you have to go to the official website of Government of India. And if you want to understand the GST Registration Process in detail, then read this post till the end. You do not incur penalty by getting GST registration done.
Why is it Necessary to Register For GST
GST has been implemented in the whole country so it is necessary to pay GST to every person doing business and doing business in the country. Due to its implementation, you will not have to pay various types of indirect taxes. You can pay GST online only after getting GST registration done. For those traders and taxpayers whose business turnover is 20 lakhs or more in a financial year, it is mandatory to do GST online registration for payment of GST.
Know How You Will Get GST Number
Yes friends, if you also have your own business and if you also want a GST number for your shop, factory, etc., then we have been given all the information in this post. With which you will also be able to get a GST number made for your shop by paying the GST registration fee. Tax Identification Number, also known as GSTIN (Goods and Services Identification Number). The GST number is basically a 15-digit number that has replaced the tax identification number which was received by the companies when they were registered under the Value Added Tax Rules in the states.
To get a GST number, every business needs to go through a two-step process. You will have to do GST online registration on your behalf to the central government. Its process has been kept quite simple. GST registration is very important as later it will help in providing all the benefits related to GST.
Types of GST
Let us tell you that when GST was not applicable in India, every state government could impose whatever tax it wanted on each item, and that is why all the items in all the states had different prices. The process of implementing GST across the country was very difficult. It was very difficult to do business without GST because if something had to be brought or sold from another state, then they used to have a lot of problems, but now after the implementation of GST, the tax system and different taxes have to be paid. Changed the whole way.
If GST is levied on a product or item, then it is divided into two parts:
- SGST: State Goods and Services Tax
- CGST: Central Goods and Services Tax
What are the Rules of GST Registration
- This limit is applicable only to the Sale of Goods, it is not applicable for Services.
- Mandatory GST Registration: Mandatory GST Registration for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), E-commerce entities (e-commerce), entities supplying goods and services through e-commerce operators, persons eligible for TDS (TDS Deductor), etc. have to get it done.
- Voluntary GST Registration: To get the benefit of the input tax credit, interstate supply without any restriction, freedom to do business through an e-commerce website, legal recognition as a supplier of goods and services, etc. Voluntary GST registration has to be done.
- Traders cannot supply goods on which GST is not applicable.
- Where business is taking place, the trader will have to show that he is doing business under the composition scheme.
- The payment of GST will include GST on supplies made, tax on reverse charges, and tax on purchases from unregistered dealers.
- The dealer will have to pay tax at normal rates under Reverse Charge Mechanism transaction.
- Composition dealers cannot do inter-state supply.
- You have to pay GST on your turnover from Fixed Rate, so that
They cannot claim Input Credit.
- With the supply of goods in a year, a maximum of 5 lakh services can be provided.
- Let us tell you that traders cannot supply those goods on which GST is not applicable.
- You cannot make a Composition Dealer Inter-State Supply.
- Wherever the trader is doing business, he has to show that he is doing business under the composition scheme.
- Whoever the dealer is, he will have to pay tax at normal rates under the Reverse Charge Mechanism transaction.
- Keep in mind that the trader cannot collect GST from his customer through the composition scheme. The merchant will have to pay GST, that’s why now he will have to issue a Bill of Supply instead of a Tax Invoice.
Benefits of GST Registration
- GST will bring down the cost of goods and services in the long run, as many previously caused an increase in the cost of goods and services due to Value Added Tax (VAT).
- GST registration is a big advantage for small businesses, as they can avoid the time-consuming taxation process and focus more on their business activities.
- GST registration will bring much-needed regulation for the unorganized sectors like the textile industry. GST tries to correct this discrepancy.
- It is a fully integrated platform, which will simplify and ensure the conduct of GST activities.
- Earlier, the central government had to administer several indirect taxes. which was very difficult. But the GST and GST Network (GSTN) will handle all the processes related to the GST operation.
- Service providers with a turnover of fewer than 20 lakhs need not pay GST. In the northeastern states, the limit is Rs 10 lakh.
Documents Required For GST Number Registration
- Bank Statement Related to Business
- Account Details
- ROC Copy of Company
- MOA or AOA Registration Certificate
- Pan Card
- Electricity Bill or Landline Vill
- A Code-Size Photo
- Service Begin: 2017
- Last Date for Online Apply: Unlimited
Interested Candidates Can Read the Full Notification Before Apply Online
|GST Registration Online||Click Here|
|GST Portal Login||Click Here|
|Check GST Registration Online Status||Click Here|
|GST Portal||Click Here|
|Official Site||Click Here|
- At the time of GST registration, you have to give all the information related to yourself and your business correctly.
- You have to give complete details of your income as well, otherwise, your GST Registration Form will be canceled.
GST Registration Time Limit
See, the GST Registration Time Limit is quite easy, according to the GST law, it should be done within 30 days from the GST registration. That is to say, the day a business is eligible for GST registration and that business crosses the limit of Rs 20 lakh (Rs 10 lakh in the North-East states), within 30 days from that day. It is necessary to get it done.
Whenever a business is covered under other circumstances requiring GST registration such as inter-state supply or selling goods through an E-commerce operator, registration has to be done within 30 days from that day.
Penalty For Not Doing GST Registration
According to the GST rules, if the annual turnover of a trader is very high and he comes under the purview of GST, but even after coming under the purview of GST, if the GST registration is not done by the trader or is not paying tax or less tax. In such a situation, that trader can prove to be a criminal in the eyes of law, because the action can be taken against him for non-payment of tax or evasion of tax. Due to this, the trader will have to pay a heavy penalty.
Will tell you that according to the GST rules, if a trader is proved under tax evasion, if he is proved guilty of non-payment of tax or underpayment of tax, then he will be charged 10,000 or 10% of the amount of tax payable, whichever is higher. Fines will have to be paid. If put in simple language, after paying full tax, a minimum amount of Rs 10,000 will have to be fined.
Know Which Taxes Were Removed Due to GST
Central Taxes That Replaced By GST
- Central excise
- Additional excise duty on manufacturing of medical and toilet
- Additional excise duty on goods of special importance
- Additional excise duty on cotton textiles and related products
- Customs Duty, Special Custom Duty
- Service Tax, Cess and Surcharge
State Taxes that Replaced By GST
- VAT, Central Sales Tax, Purchase Tax
- Luxury tax, entry tax
- Entertainment tax of all kinds
- Which were levied apart from local bodies (advertising tax)
- Tax on lotteries, betting, and gambling
- Cess and surcharge
GST Registration Online Full Video
How to Do GST Registration
You probably know that the GST tax system was implemented in India on July 1, 2017. After which any seller who wants to invest in India will have to first register according to the rules of GST (Goods and Services Tax). GST registration is mandatory for those whose annual income is more than 40 lakhs.
The GST registration process is completely paperless i.e. it is done online digitally. The seller can register with it with the help of the online GST portal. In this article, we will learn how to register under GST? Some important documents of this? What is the process of doing GST registration? Or will know about the GST Registration Rules? Before getting the GST registration number, you will need some essential GST registration documents. Let us know which documents you have to upload while doing GST registration, let us understand them one by one.
Let us see how the process of getting registration in GST or getting a GST registration number is done? Some of the following steps have to be passed through the process of GST registration. Let us try to know all the steps one by one in detail below. To do GST registration, first of all, you have to go to the online GST portal. You can visit the website https://www.gst.gov.in/ given by the government to do GST registration. By clicking on this link, you will reach the online GST portal. You will see a blue bar at the top of it, there will be an option named Services. You have to click on that option. You can see it below with the help of a picture. After going to the Services option, some new options will appear, out of which you have to click on the Registration option. See with the help of the picture below. After entering the registration option, you will see three options. You can see with the help of a picture.
Out of them, you have to click on the option of New Registration. After clicking on the New Registration option, you will see a lot of options to fill in it. You can see with the help of a picture. The options which have a red dot in front of them are required to be filled. Because without filling them the process of registration cannot be completed. In the earlier step, we saw that the email id and phone number have to be entered, after that, an OTP will come on both of them. We have to enter the same OTP here. If OTP is not received on your phone or email, then you can get OTP again on your phone or email by clicking on Resend OTP option. When the OTP number is received, then we have to fill the OTP in the option shown below in the name of Email OTP or Mobile OTP. After this, a button named CONTINUE (Continue) will appear at the bottom, click on it.
You will now receive a Temporary Reference Number (TRN Number). It will be sent to your email and phone number. After this you will see the Proceed button at the bottom of this new window, click on it. When the TRN number is received on your phone number and email. So after that again go to the online GST registration portal. And click on this website https://www.gst.gov.in/. When you open the portal again, you have to go to the Services option again. After that go to the New Registration option,
Now you will see the bullet (option) named TRN. You have to click on it. Have a look with the help of the picture given below. After this, in the box below, an option named TRN Reference Number will be visible, in the box below that option, we have to enter the TRN number. After this, in the box below it, the CAPTCHA will be visible in the picture. We have to fill the same captcha in the box above it. And finally, a button named PROCEED will be visible at the bottom.
After that now you have to click on it. You will then receive an OTP on the registered phone and email. In this, enter OTP with the help of email/phone and then click on PROCEED button. After this, you will see that the status of your application is shown as a draft. Now after this you finally have a column named “Action” (Action) 2 icons will be visible in it. One of which is to fill the icon and the other is to delete. You can see it in the picture below. From this, go to the blue icon “Edit Icon”. In this, you will see options like the date when you have registered, form number, information about the form, when will it expire, etc.
After completing Part A, you move to Part B. When you go to the edit icon above, after that you will see 4 sections here. It is mandatory to fill all the sections out of it. and submit the appropriate documents. In this picture, you will see a list of those documents. Which you have to keep in mind while applying for GST registration. In this you will see some options, you have to fill them carefully.
Below we will try to know about all the options in turn. First of all, we will see the option of “General Details”. We have shown it with the help of a picture. Go to that option and click on it. As soon as you click on it, only then a new window will open. Some options are given in it, fill those options correctly. We get to know about them one by one. As soon as you click on the General Details option, after that, a new window will open. You can see it with the help of the below picture. It is mandatory to fill the options in front of them with a red dot.
After this, you will see the option “Applicant Detail” (Applicant Detail). We have shown it with the help of a picture. Go to that option and click on it. As soon as you click on it, a new window will open after that. Some options are given in it, fill those options correctly. After that, you will see the option “Professional Address”. We have shown it with the help of a picture. Go to that option and click on it. It will appear exactly next to the applicant detail option. As soon as you click on it, a new window will open after that. Some options are given in it, fill those options correctly.
After this, you will see the details verification page (Verification page) option on the right and last sides. You have to go to that option. But before that the option named Declaration will be visible below it, you have to tick it. This means that the registered person has provided correct information about himself, so complete the further action. Ongoing further down, the registered person will get to see his name, right to his right and the registered person will have to fill his place in the option in the box below.
Just below it, you will see the date of the day on which you have applied for registration and finally you will see 3 buttons at the bottom. A registered person can start further proceedings by selecting any one of these buttons. We will know about them one by one below. You will be seeing a button named Digital Signature Certificate at the bottom. In this, you can submit the application to your company by using the digital signature certificate. In this article, we will proceed further using the Digital Signature Certificate button.
After this, on the right and you will see a button named EVC (Electronic Verification Code). In this, OTP is sent to the Aadhar registered number. It is an Aadhaar based service. By using the EVC (Electronic Signature) button, you can proceed further with the help of an electronic signature. This is an aadhar based service, after that as soon as you go through the digital signature certificate, a new window will open immediately after that a type of message will appear in which it will be written that all the information is about the registered person. It is implemented under GST registration. All the information should be about the registered person only and should be absolutely correct. If you have entered any wrong information by mistake then there is no need to panic. You can also amend it.
After this, if your information is correct then you click on the Proceed button. After this, a new window will open on which a success message (reference number of the application) will be displayed. You can see it in the picture below. Now within 15 minutes, you will once again visit the GST Portal. After that go to the services option then go to the new registration option and finally tick on the TRN option after that enter the TRN number inbox and fill captcha below it. After this, OTP will come on your phone number and email as soon as you do OK. Fill that OTP in the two options which will be visible on the new page. Finally, the Proceed button will be visible, click on it. We have done this process above also, from there you can see. As soon as you click on the Proceed button, a new page will open after that.
I would like to tell all of you that the Government of India does not charge any kind of fee for doing any GST registration. The cost of doing GST registration is absolutely free from the government side, which means you do not need to pay any fee for GST registration on the government portal. But always remember that if you are a private limited company or LLP or If you are an OPC director then you will need a digital signature to apply for GST registration, so yes you have to spend some rupees to do DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) (DSC). In this, you can submit the application to your company by using a digital signature certificate. That’s why it costs a little to do it.
Keep in mind that if you want to register in the Goods and Services Tax System (GST), then first you have to follow some of the following GST rules. Well, you will be aware that we have entered a new financial year (FY 2019-20). Under this, some changes have been made in GST which have come into effect from 1st April 2019. So we are going to tell about these GST registration rules one by one below.
- As per Section 23 of the CGST Act, every person is required to obtain GST registration. Earlier the limit for registering in GST was Rs 20 lakh, which has now been increased to Rs 40 lakh as per the GST registration rules. But, if any person who is engaged in the supply of goods and his total turnover in the current financial year is less than 40 lakhs then there is no need to register under Goods and Services Tax.
- As per the new GST Registration Rules, the registered person who wishes to opt for payment of tax under the Composition Scheme for 2019-20 shall be notified, signed, and verified on 31st March 2019 by visiting the common portal of GST. can register in it. If you want to know about Composite schemes, then you can get detailed information about Composite schemes by visiting this article.
If you have filled all the information correctly then you will get a success message like this. In which your GST application information or ARN number will be displayed. The date of the day on which you have applied will also appear. This message will be visible on your phone number and email. In this way, we can register in GST.
How To Apply For GST Registration Online
- First of all, you have to go to the official website.
- After that, you have to click on Register Now option under Taxpayers (Normal).
- Now a new page will open in front of you.
- Here you have to fill in your information by selecting the option of New Registration.
- After that, you have to fill in the image text and click on Proceed.
- Now the registration form will open in front of you.
- In which you have to enter your email id and mobile no. Have to write
- On that, you will get a different OTP. Which you have to fill correctly on the next page.
- After that click on the option of Proceed.
- After clicking on Proceed, you will get a Temporarily Reference Number (TRN), save it.
- You have to enter a Temporarily Reference Number (TRN) that you have received and fill in the image text and click on the option of Proceed.
- After logging in, now a new page will open in front of you.
- In which you have to give business details and apart from this, whatever information is asked related to your business, you have to give it.
- After this, now you have to give your personal details such as your identity details, address details, etc.
- Now you have to verify your profile. And finally, in Verification, you have to review your profile again.
- After that, you will submit it.
- Now after your profile is approved, your GST registration will be done.
- You can check GST Registration Online Status.
How To Check GST Registration Online Status
- First of all, you have to visit the official website from the above-mentioned link.
- After this, you have to go to the registration option of GST Service and click on Track Application Status.
- Now Track Application Status page will open in front of you.
- Now you can know the GST Registration Online Status of your GST Registration Number.
How To Download GST Registration Certificate online
- First of all, you have to go to GST Portal.
- After that, you have to log in.
- After logging in, you have to go to User Services in GST Services on the home page and select the View / Download Certificate option.
- Now the option of Download GST Certificate will come in front of you, by clicking on it you can download your GST Registration Certificate online.
Similarly, we will continue to reach you the information about new or old government schemes started by the central government and the state government first through this website businesstrick.in, so do not forget to follow our website.
If you liked this article, then do share it.
Thanks for reading this article till the end.
You can connect with us by clicking on the social media icons given below so that information about the upcoming new scheme can reach you.